Monday 15 July 2013

Vintage Advertisements? Yes Please!

A while ago I did a post on Trove and Internet Archive; Click here to see it :).

Anyway with Trove, you can gain (free!) access to old copies of The Australian Women's Weekly. Imagine having access to every copy from 1933-1982!!! Well now you do! Seriously, I love this website. 

I'm honest when I say that if magazines were still this amusing I would buy them; as is they are too gossipy and less informative than they ought to be.

One of my favourite things about the magazine issues are the advertisements. They are seriously funny! I can't say that that is all I like, though. I also love the patterns, fashion columns, recipes, film information, etc. You may even complete the crosswords and other such puzzles! Awesome? I think so. 

You can scroll through the magazines on the internet or you can download it in PDF form. So if you desire to read a magazine but don't have the money to satisfy this desire, take a look at these magazines and be ever so amazed. :)

I can't even tell you how much I love this site.

Click here to go directly to the digitised copies :D .
I'm so excited to share this with you!

Okay so moving along, if you have an interest in Vintage Advertisements, for whatever reason that might be, be sure to click this link. This will take you to the Vintage Ad Browser, a helpful collection of advertisements for all sorts of products from 1800 - 2000's! A thoroughly enjoyable experience if I do say so myself. 


Please do take a look :) You will enjoy it! I did at least.


God bless you,
Memma xxx


p.s. please subscribe, comment &c. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment