Sunday 7 September 2014

Vintage Wardrobe Essentials Two

Last week we began a series on Vintage Wardrobe Essentials
So today we are looking at the next vintage wardrobe essential; dresses!
 
Dresses are perfect for every vintage wardrobe because, let's be honest, when you think vintage clothes, you think dresses. Am I right? 
 
So what dresses do you need?

 
2. DRESSES
  • 4 Pretty Pattern Day Dresses- There are seven days in a week and for most of these you will probably be out and about so I think 4 is a decent number, but as I said in the previous post, get only the amount that you want/ need/ can afford.
  • 4 Pale Pastel Dresses- Okay, so you don't really need these, but I wanted to put them in anyway because pastels are so versatile. You can wear them in the days and in the evenings. I said four because I can never decide which colours I prefer (pink/ yellow/ mint-green/ purple)..
  • 2 Evening Dresses- one light, one dark. If you go out in the evenings more than the days, or even more often than I do, which trust me is not hard to achieve, than perhaps you will need more evening dresses than this. I say light and dark to leave you with the freedom to pick your own colours/ shades.
Once again, choose a style which you love and which loves you in return. You could even include many different styles, think Peter Pan Collar, Scalloped Edge, Shift, Dropped Waist, Circle, Pencil, ... the list goes on.
 
Last week, I found it difficult to find a photo of a skirt, this week I'm finding it difficult to find just one dress. There are so many perfect vintage dresses. If you have a great deal of time on you hands, than google it :) If you don't have much time, you'd best wait until the weekend. I'm warning you, once you start, it is very difficult to stop. 



Here is a photo of a Lana Lobell Catalogue uploaded by Creative Accomplishments.
21 styles in one image! :) Enjoy.


Memma xxx
 

No comments:

Post a Comment